19.28. Release 0.204
- Use distributed join if one side is naturally partitioned on join keys.
- Improve performance of correlated subqueries when filters from outer query
can be propagated to the subquery.
- Improve performance for correlated subqueries that contain inequalities.
- Add support for all geometry types in
- Add cast between
VARBINARY type and
rpad() functions support
VARBINARY in addition to
- Allow using arrays of mismatched lengths with
The missing positions are filled with
- Track execution statistics of
PredicatePushdown optimizer rules.
Event Listener Changes
- Add resource estimates to query events.
Web UI Changes
- Fix kill query button.
- Display resource estimates in Web UI query details page.
Resource Group Changes
- Fix unnecessary queuing in deployments where no resource group configuration was specified.
Hive Connector Changes
- Fix over-estimation of memory usage for scan operators when reading ORC files.
- Fix memory accounting for sort buffer used for writing sorted bucketed tables.
- Disallow creating tables with unsupported partition types.
- Support overwriting partitions for insert queries. This behavior is controlled
by session property
- Prevent the optimized ORC writer from writing excessively large stripes for
highly compressed, dictionary encoded columns.
- Enable optimized Parquet reader and predicate pushdown by default.
Cassandra Connector Changes
- Add support for reading from materialized views.
- Optimize partition list retrieval for Cassandra 2.2+.