- 1. Connect to Cluster
- Follow the steps from Accessing the Presto Cluster above to successfully connect to your desired Presto cluster.
- 2. Open the Presto CLI
- Type the following command to access the Presto CLI and press enter. Your cursor will skip to the next line, preceded by
- 3. Catalogs and Schemas
- View your catalogs and schemas via the following commands. Note, replace
tpchwith your desired catalog.
show catalogs; show schemas in tpch;
- 4. Write Query
- Type your SQL query into the Presto CLI. For reference, view the SQL SELECT statement below.
select * from tpch.sf1.nation;
- 5. Run Query
- Once content with your query, press enter to run.
- 6. Results
- When finished processing, you will be presented with the results of your query.
ODBC & JDBC Drivers
The open source Presto JDBC driver can be used with Presto on AWS. This can be downloaded from Starburst’s download page. Additionally, Starburst provides Enterprise ODBC and JDBC drivers, available for Windows, Mac, and Linux platforms for its Enterprise customers. Please refer to the following link for both.
Presto WebUI IP
To locate the IP address of your cluster’s coordinator node, for your connection string, follow the steps below.
- 1. CloudFormation Console
- Navigate to the CloudFormation Console under “Management Tools” within the Services menu.
- 2. Outputs
Select your “Stack Name” and click the associated tab labeled “Outputs”.
- 3. Public Presto Presto WebUI
- Find and copy the “Public Presto WebUI” and enter the value into a web browser.