18.1. Release 302-e
- Add Generic JDBC connector.
- Disable Airlift’s “admin” servlet port, which was not used for anything in Presto.
- Enable Cost-Based Optimizer (CBO) by default.
- Add JDBC-based Google BigQuery connector.
/v1/info to report started status after all plugins have been registered and initialized.
- Support prepared statements that are longer than 4K bytes.
- Add CloudWatch Agent compatible logger.
- Correctly report internal network/physical position count for operators.
- Sum internal network/physical data size and position count from all stages in query statistics.
- Report internal network/physical data size and position count in detailed query UI view.
- Fix broken timeline UI view.
- Add experimental support for Spill to Disk for OrderBy.
- Add experimental support for Spill to Disk for WindowOperator.
- Add Oracle compatibility functions
- Display join enumeration stats in explain analyze.
- Fix queries involving joins or aggregations on
Hive Connector Changes
- Add support for user impersonation when communicating with Hive Metastore.
- Support tables located in HDFS encryption zones managed with Hadoop KMS.
- Support Avro tables with
avro.schema.url in kerberized HDFS.
- Fix query failure when querying partitioned Avro table with very long column type definition.
- Support CSV table storage format.
- Allow partitions without files for bucketed tables (via
- Allow multiple files per bucket for bucketed tables (via
hive.multi-file-bucketing.enabled). There must be one or more files per bucket. File names must match the Hive naming convention.
- Allow reading incompletely bucketed tables with missing files (via
- Add support for Azure Blob Storage
- Add support for Azure Data Lake Storage (ADLS)
- Add support for Azure Data Lake Storage gen 2 (ABFS)
- Add textfile_field_separator and textfile_field_separator_escape table properties to control field separator and field separator characters for tables with
- Support Apache Ranger authorization (requires licence).
- Support Apache Sentry authorization (requires licence).
- Add Glue support for private subnets.
- Add support for column statistics in Glue.
- Fix S3 eventual consistency errors for non ORC file formats.
MySQL, PostgreSQL, Redshift, and SQL Server Changes
- Support schemas, tables and columns with names that are upper-case or mixed-case.
- Add predicate pushdown for
Base-JDBC Connector Library Changes
- Allow customizing how query predicates are pushed down to the underlying database.
- Allow customizing how values are written to the underlying database.
ldap.bind-password LDAP properties to allow LDAP authentication access LDAP server using service account.
- Retry Kerberos communication in case of transient network issues.